I joined Mark and his enthusiastic group this morning at Goetchius and was
so glad to see a field just filled with Bobolinks. A joyful morning. And
wonderful people, both known to me and new.

I then went to Sweedler Preserve, both top and bottom. Some sharp chipping
in the Lick Brook ravine made me think Louisiana Waterthrush, but was not
sure enough (or at all) to list it, so it remains a mystery.  I was able to
add both Warbling Vireo and Least Flycatcher and then finished up with a
wonderful finale of a pair of Blue-gray Gnatcatchers burring in a tree over
the railroad tracks.  One of my many favorite birds and a great ending to a
wonderful weekend of birding in some spectacular areas.

I am so appreciative of this opportunity and so thankful to friends and
family who have donated to support my effort.  And a big thanks to Mark Chao
for initiating this great fundraiser and leading everyone forward to
discover the preserves and their birds.

Linda