Greetings,

I spent a couple hours at Myers again this morning. Highlights
included fly over WHIMBREL and BLACK-BELLIED PLOVER. Both birds were
quite high and I don't think I would have seen them if they had not
been calling. In fact, I never could find the plover in the bright
blue sky even though it called several (8 - 9?) times.  From the sound
of it, the plover continued down the lake. The Whimbrel was at least
1000 feet up, circled once high up and then continued to the ESE
heading over land.

The other highlight was a couple of Red-breasted Nuthatches. Until
this fall I had not seen or heard this species form the point itself,
and I have now seen three this fall. This along with reports from Long
Island, Cape May (Tom Johnson) suggest a nice movement this year. I
also had a few Purple Finches, Cedar Waxwings and Bobolinks fly over.

Chris Wood

eBird & Neotropical Birds Project Leader
Cornell Lab of Ornithology, Ithaca, New York
http://ebird.org
http://neotropical.birds.cornell.edu

Senior Leader, WINGS Birding Tours
http://wingsbirds.com