Bob McGuire & I spent much of Thursday at Montezuma.

We had good looks at the May's Point Pool IBIS mostly along the
shore opposite the corral, and saw no distinguishing face marks
nor eye color.  Although another observer contended seeing
the pale blue line above the lores indicating Glossy, I think it
will take good photos and argument to convince some experts
that this bird is (or can be) identifiable to species.

The white LITTLE BLUE HERON was very far to the left/east from
the May's Point Pool corral, appearing to be close to I-90 by the
pale dead vegetation.  At 60x the two-tone bill was visible when
it moved against the background.  The bird was clearly smaller
than the GREAT EGRETS, lacked their large orange-yellow bills,
and at times foraged more actively.

Also at May's Point Pool we saw SHORT-BILLED DOWITCHER,
GREATER & LESSER YELLOWLEGS, STILT, PECTORAL & LEAST
SANDPIPER, WILSON'S SNIPE, an immature SORA on the shore
in the area frequented by the Ibis, many ducks, and a COYOTE.
We also heard reports of WILSON'S PHALAROPE & VIRGINIA RAIL
from there.  A MERLIN was atop dead trees near the canal lock.

From Towpath Rd, I thought I saw the Ruff, but lost it before I could
show it to Bob, so he rightly doubts me.   The RED KNOT was on the
northern edge of mud at Puddler's.  Also present were an active and
successful PEREGRINE FALCON, a pair of SANDHILL CRANES,
several each of BLACK-BELLIED PLOVER, AMERICAN GOLDEN-
PLOVER & KILLDEER; lots of SEMIPALMATED PLOVERS, several
distant DOWITCHERS & STILT SANDPIPERS, scads of LESSER
YELLOWLEGS and PECTORAL SANDPIPERS in frustrating variety;
several BAIRD'S, a couple WHITE-RUMPED, lots of LEAST and
SEMIPALMATED SANDPIPERS; one or more SANDERLINGS, a
RUDDY TURNSTONE (seen only in flight).  There were also several
RED-NECKED PHALAROPES.

We did not see the Franklin's Gull.

Several active OSPREYS, immature BALD EAGLES, and NORTHERN
HARRIERS were in the area.