From: "grosb...@clarityconnect.com" <grosb...@clarityconnect.com>
To: cayugabirds-L@cornell.edu; cny-naturalhist...@darkstar.cortland.edu;
nysbird...@cornell.edu
Sent: Wed, October 27, 2010 10:34:12 AM
Subject: [cayugabirds-l] Cattle Egrets

Hello all,

Given there are nearly 40+ CATTLE EGRETS (assuming the Ontario 14 are not
the same Inds as the Ithaca
16) in the northeast right now, and given this is an Old World species that
naturally colonized the States, I
wonder if these are birds coming from the Old World and not birds moving in
from southern States?  Is
there a weird  weather pattern going on across the Pond or to our south? I
guess the strong southern
winds could explain it.

cheers,
Matt