Whilst on my way to work passing through the Summer Hill area, I saw two
crows seemingly predating a paper wasp nest. The nest was in a tree about
30-40 up and about the size of a football. They were tearing it apart.
Although I could not see if they were eating any wasps, it seemed a fair
conclusion. Is there any information on crows actually eating wasps from a
nest, or was this a game of tearing something apart with the danger of
wasps? The temperature was quite chilly so the wasps would not have been
very active.

Richard Tkachuck