Hi all,
I was on an errand to Rochester, on the way back I stopped for a couple of
hours of birding in MNWR.
Most important sighting was Laura Stenzler on Route 89, just few minutes before
she saw 16 Sandhill Cranes. Later when I stopped I did not see any.
For me interesting birds were large flocks of blackbirds - consisting of
Redwings, Grackles and Starlings as major species, but also in a few groups I
saw Brown-headed Cowbirds too. It always amazes me how they form wonderful
formations and how they take cues to take off.  I actually saw hundreds and
hundreds of them between from just off of thruway 90 on Rt 318 and all the way
to MNWR.  As I was heading back on Rt 89 between North Spring Pool and Main
Pool later in the evening, sky was filled with blackbirds as they were heading
to roost. As both of us were travelling in opposite directions, they looked
like very swift flowing rivers.
Elsewhere not many species. Visitor Center area had may be a couple of hundreds
of Dunlins, I did not see any other shore birds among them, but I was also not
paying too much of attention, I was just looking for Godwit.

On the main pool lots of Scaups, at least I saw a few Lesser and a few Greater
Scaups. There were also some GADWALLS, Redheads, Ringnecks, Wooducks etc. etc.
It was pleasant evening, but I had to head home for errands.

For those who are sea bird enthusiasts, I have uploaded some pictures of my
recent Wollongong Pelagic trip in southeastern Australia where I saw many
Albatrosses and Shearwater. Here is a link.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/91426...@n00/sets/72157625151470501/with/5130340516/
Hope you enjoy it, there more pictures to come but I have exceeded my 100 mb
limit already in first round.

Cheers
Meena

Meena Haribal