Factory St. pond duck box:

Today, daughter Becky & I checked the US ponds. As John successfully had done
last yr. when he saw no owl, she "squeeked" & in about 10 seconds I saw the bit
of "fluff" appear in the hole of the box. Up popped that adorable beauty to sit
on the edge of the hole!! Probably was expecting a mouse!

SO ...... if you're finding no obvious owl in the box, "squeek"
(as when calling a dog or cat) or suck loudly on the back of your hand & you
might see screechie. For some of you, it might be a life bird! (I think
"phishing/pishing" might cover this attempt to get screechie to show.)

If some of you have been to the refuge this past wk. & have clearly seen what
is being reported as, & can absolutely say, please clarify whether the goose at
Larue's is a Greater White-fronted Goose. Some say there is an orange bill,
others say it isn't. Last spring, I think it was, confusion existed about the
correct ID of what may indeed be the same bird.

Fritzie