We have had a Cooper's Hawk buzzing the local feeder population for a couple of
days, so when the feeder birds scattered about an hour ago, I looked out
expecting to see the Coop finally successful.  What I saw was a RED TAILED HAWK
swooping by the kitchen window and flying away clutching a Mourning Dove in its
left talon.  It paused about 100 feet away atop a bluebird nest box.  The dove
struggled unsuccessfully and the RTH flew to the other side of Rte 89 to its
favorite picnic spot.  The dove population now has something to mourn.

Bill McAneny, TBurg