The BLACK VULTURE stayed in a large willow on the grounds of #86 Oakcrest
(but best viewed from mailbox #77) for about an hour after I found it and immediately
sent out the alert.  During that hour I did one taxi run, returned to find Gary Kohlenberg
and Jay & Kevin McGowan soon joined by a guy whose name I should know (Dave
McCartt?) all aiming scopes and cameras at the bird.  I left to do another taxi run, then
wondered why Ann Mitchell, who works close by, hadn't shown up.  I fetched her, but
the perch was empty, and we found Mark Chao staring after only TURKEY VULTURES,
several of which remained in the area.  They were soon joined by Tim Lenz, Jeff Gerbracht,
and another guy I didn't recognize.  I had to leave to pick up another passenger, and when
I drove past with my fare, all birders appeared to be leaving having given up.   I think odds
are very high it is still around and may be found again tomorrow.
--Dave Nutter