From: Hopkins,Jeffrey A. [hopki...@airproducts.com]
Sent: Friday, February 04, 2011 5:35 PM
To: Marie P Read
Subject: CAYUGABIRDS - Redhead Raft

Marie,

I saw your post on CAYUGABIRDS about the redheads having moved on, and thought
I'd reply (I'm not on the listserve - I'm just visiting Ithaca for the
weekend).  Feel free to forward this to the list if you'd like.

I was birding at Myers Point at 4 PM this afternoon and had a large raft of
redheads along the eastern lakeshore south of the point.  I don't know if it
was the raft you've been seeing, but it was certainly larger than any number of
redheads I've ever seen.  It certainly was a few thousand.

Also there were quite a few ring-necks, mallards, and coots, 20-30 tundra
swans, a few scaup (at least one of which I could ID as a greater) and common
mergs, along with a lone female shoveler and a distant common loon.  And of
course Canada geese.  The north side of the point had all the gulls and common
goldeneye.

Good birding,

Jeff Hopkins
Whitehall, PA