At dusk about 40 Tundra Swans were settled in for the night west of the
lighthouse jetty at the south end of Cayuga.  Earlier a small family came to
shore with the young one, feeding with Ring-necked Ducks and a small group of
Redheads and Canvasbacks:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/emccartney/5431944095/in/set-72157594554486980/

In groups the swans are vocal (I like their voices), but I don't hear them when
there are just a few.  At dusk, not much light and far away, there are a few
dark necks evident:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/emccartney/5431956841/in/set-72157594554486980/

Lately the waterfowl rafts at the SW corner of the lake have been coming and
going a lot, and are smaller (hundreds vs. thousands).  The ice has been coming
and going too, and that has an effect.

Elaina