Both of the Carolina Wren pair appeared together today at our suet, just so they could be counted for the GBBC. They were missing since last Thursday and only one at a time has appeared sporadically last week. A red squirrel happily sits all day inside the outer suet cage, discouraging small birds -- in spite of my efforts to persuade him away to seed elsewhere, cajole him, threaten him.

In past years a CAWren pair has stayed around all year and even once nested in a brush pile. Hope they do again.
Nari Mistry, Ellis Hollow Rd.

--
Nari B. Mistry,
Ithaca, New York