Would this be a Tompkins County record number of Ross's Geese ?
Gary

On Mar 13, 2011, at 3:02 PM, Jay McGowan wrote:

Kevin and I just found at least two ROSS'S GEESE (certainly different birds
than the ones at Game Farm) in a large flock of Snow Geese on the north side of
Ferguson Road between Irish Settlement and Rt. 38. When I saw the flock this
morning there were about 1500 birds, but there aren't quite that many now.

George Road is a little more open now, and I saw 8 Northern Pintail, 8
Green-winged Teal, American Wigeon, 3 Ring-necked Ducks, and a female REDHEAD
there just now.

Jay McGowan