Hi All,
 I missed all the fun yesterday because of work so I thought I might find some
Snow Geese today. I saw mostly Canada Geese, Swans, and a lot of Pintails in
the mucklands. There was also Mallards and Widgeons. The light was pretty bad
and it was also raining.  I did not see the Eagles at the lock. I really gave a
little time to try and see her head at the nest but did not. On Van Dyne Spoor
after a slippery ride in the mud and potholes, I was rewarded with a Northern
Shrike.  I watched it hunt small rodents more or less dropping down on them. I
have a very blown up photo of it with its prey and one displaying its wing
patterns. No Snow Geese no matter how much I looked!
 Diana Whiting
http://www.dianawhitingphotography.com/Galleries/Birds/Birds-of-Prey/13273665_xTBkm#1215057543_5RiDr
http://www.dianawhitingphotography.com/Galleries/Birds/Birds-of-Prey/13273665_xTBkm#1215057621_hq6Ww