A trip up the west side of Cayuga yesterday netted all the species reported by
others as well as 4 Horned Grebe on Lake Rd, a total count of 13 Bald Eagle and
one
Horned Grebe in almost full breeding plumage. The grebes were seen from the
window
of the Deerhead Inn (just north of the park HQ on lake rd) while we enjoyed a
terrific lunch and lots of birds on the lake. The fish is highly recommended!
We saw
very few Snows until we got to the potato fields where what looked like snow
patches
from Knox-Marcellus turned into thousands of geese and swans up close. Both
swans
were present.

Lat night at home we had displaying American Woodcock and flyover Killdeer. This
morning we were surprised by an adult Black-crowned Night Heron at our place! We
don't keep arrival dates for this species but it seems real early.

Today Canadas and Snows are passing overhead in huge numbers. Some of the
Canadas
are flying so high as to be very hard to find/see -unless there's a Snow mixed
in.

John
--
John and Sue Gregoire