This is highly recommended if, like me, it would be a life bird and you don't have plans to spend a lot of time in the west to find it.  Fred is gracious and informative about this bird's habits, and he has an array of beautiful photos he has taken in case the bird does not cooperate.  In my case yesterday morning the bird was very cooperative, but it may migrate away soon.  It's about a 2 hour drive from Ithaca to near Honeoye, and Fred gave excellent easy directions.
--Dave Nutter

On Mar 20, 2011, at 05:15 PM, Carolyn Jacobs <jac...@rochester.rr.com> wrote:

Forwarded at Fred Jordan's request......

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Fred A. Jordan <fjor...@frontier.com>
Date: Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 8:05 PM
Subject: lewis's
To: Lyn Jacobs <jac...@rochester.rr.com>

Lewis's Woodpecker in Ontario County, NY

The Lewis's Woodpecker arrived October 30, 2010.
Up to now over 200 people have seen the bird by word of mouth.
We would like to let others that have not heard about this bird the opportunity to see him if they wish.

Please call 585-229-2144 for a time to come.