John was with a friend at the Refuge Visitor's Center early this afternoon.
Called to tell me he was looking at the Common Teal along with some others.
GRRRRRRR!!!!

I called Becky & off we went in about 20 min.. The same desk volunteer who had
shown the Teal to John was still there .... but couldn't relocate the teal for
us ...GRRRRRR!!!!

I was back there about 4:45 p.m. with our son & 2 of his friends. Lots of g.w.
teal ... no Common. GRRR! GRRRR! & GRRR! & Spit! Maybe I should find another
hobby in my old age!

Well ... I guess I can take comfort in the fact that I spotted a fair sized
flock of Snow Geese along 89 going down the hill to the Muck & then another
good sized flock flew over as I got out of the car here at home in Union
Springs just before dark. Aren't all gone.

Along with numerous good waterfowl & the trumpeter swans, we also saw several
Bald Eagles, adults & juveniles. John's friend, who has lived here all his 65
yrs., had never, ever seen a bald eagle. He can't say that anymore because John
showed him the ones at Mud Lock & on Armitage Rd.. Glad for that :) :)

Well, how many more times will I go off on a wild goose ... eerrrr ...Common
Teal chase??? The King Eider eluded Kathy S., daughter, Becky & me several
times. At least we saw a Golden Eagle on Mon.. AND I'm truly very happy for
John that he got to see the Common Teal.

Good luck to all you other seekers. Hope you are finders.

Fritzie :( :(