Hey All,

Victoria Campbell of stranded Common Loon infamy/famy has a beautiful,
obviously not wild Rock Pigeon that has been brought to her in  her capacity
as Wildlife Rehabber.  Does anyone have any thoughts about this, especially
as to whether or not she should just free this bird.  I am pasting her email
below.  See what you think and let me know and I will pass it along. (I have
a picture of him/her that I can send to anyone who requests it.)

Thanks very much.

Linda

Hi!
This rather grand fellow was brought to me the other day. Obviously not a
wild Rock Dove! I've been trying to call around pigeon related places and no
one seems interested in helping me as he does not have a band. With all your
birdy connections I thought that you might have some ideas or perhaps be
able to post something on the bird list?? He wants to be near people all the
time and is friendly, and unfortunately I can't really keep him with the
wild things! I feel badly for him and think that he was lost in this past
weekend's story weather. Perhaps I should just release him and he will find
his way home??? I have no idea!
OK, now stay tuned for next email...
:) Victoria