Hi all,
I had an errand in Dryden this morning, so I stopped at some of the usual
spots.  Dryden Lake was fairly empty but with a couple interesting birds,
including 2 RUDDY DUCKS, 2 HORNED GREBES, 1 LESSER SCAUP, and 1 RED-BREASTED
MERGANSER.  A MAGNOLIA WARBLER was singing from the spruces at the entrance.

George Road also had a few interesting waterfowl, including 1 RUDDY DUCK, 8
BUFFLEHEAD, 45 RING-NECKED DUCKS, 1 male BLUE-WINGED TEAL, 1 male NORTHERN
SHOVELER, 26 Green-winged Teal, and a female-type SURF SCOTER (the first I
have ever seen at this location!)  I was unable to find any shorebirds here,
although both species of yellowlegs were present earlier in the week.

Also, the Western WILLET was still present at Myers Point when I left at
9:20.  Lots of BONAPARTE'S GULLS (mostly immature and basic-plumage birds)
and at least three COMMON TERNS were also around.

Good birding,
Jay McGowan
Ithaca, NY