From: Melissa Groo <melg...@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: [cayugabirds-l] Goetchius Wetland- Common Loon --looks like same
loon as two weeks ago
To: wingmagi...@gmail.com, cayugabird...@list.cornell.edu
Cc: wildthingssanctu...@gmail.com
Date: Thursday, April 28, 2011, 2:46 PM

I wasn't able to observe it for more than 5 minutes, but maybe someone else
might have time in the next day or two to watch it for a bit to see if it
extends its wings (of course absence of impairment would not mean it's not the
original bird, which may have recovered).
Like Kevin, I have a hard time believing another common loon made the same
error.
It is in the small patch of water on the east side of the road, near the
southern tip of the preserve, which is where the other one was found, and last
seen.There doesn't seem to be enough room there for a loon to take off.
Melissa