Susan Newman and I couldn't turn up Stuart's Mourning Warbler on a noon
stroll around the Wilson Trail, but almost as interesting was a Short-tailed
Shrew feeding in plain sight on the side of the trail, completely oblivious
to our presence as we hovered over him/her to get some photos, our lens just
a few inches above the critter.

The shrew wasn't out in the open anymore on our way back, but there was
plenty of evidence of his digging trail-side, just east of the wooden bridge
that crosses the stream.

Bird-wise, there wasn't much in the way of migrants, but all of the expected
breeders were present, if not a bit quiet due to the time of day.

Best,
Scott

--
*Scott A. Haber*