Hi everyone,

I just saw an adult Caspian Tern flying to the east over Sapsucker Woods.
The bird was visible from my window on the north side of the Cornell
Lab. This is the first Caspian Tern I have ever seen at Sapsucker Woods, and
at a very surprising time. I would have thought it much more likely to see
one from July - September when larger numbers are moving through the county.
This is the 149th species that I have seen from my office window.

Cheers,
Chris Wood

eBird & Neotropical Birds Project Leader
Cornell Lab of Ornithology, Ithaca, New York
http://ebird.org
http://neotropical.birds.cornell.edu