Not enough time to search the birds thoroughly, so probably missed some
(counts low).  Thought I saw a Stilt Sandpiper at one point but lost it in
among the 900+ yellowlegs, couldn't find any Wilson's Phalarope.  Didn't look
carefully at the peeps but thought most were Least.  Too dark by the time we
reached Puddler's marsh and we never got to Mays Point.  Lots of swallows and
several imm. Black Tern.

Dave Wheeler/Mickey Scilingo

Montezuma NWR--Knox-Marcellus Marsh, Seneca, US-NY
Jul 7, 2011 6:45 PM - 7:45 PM
Protocol: Traveling
0.25 mile(s)
Comments:     With Mickey Scilingo; not enough time to make accurate counts or
look carefully at peeps; possible Stilt Sandpiper
40 species (+1 other taxa)

Canada Goose  X
Wood Duck  X
American Wigeon  X
Mallard  X
Blue-winged Teal  3
Green-winged Teal  X
Redhead  1
Great Blue Heron  60     approximate
Great Egret  17
Bald Eagle  1
Sandhill Crane  2
Killdeer  15     or more; many were in weedy/muddy areas and hard to see
Spotted Sandpiper  12     or more; many were in weedy/muddy areas and hard to
see
Solitary Sandpiper  1     probably more
Greater Yellowlegs  3
Lesser Yellowlegs  900     +/-100; quick count by tens
Sanderling  1
Dunlin  1
peep sp.  200     estimate between 150-300 but they were moving around a lot
and
not counted; mostly, if not all, Least Sandpiper
Short-billed Dowitcher  3
Ring-billed Gull  8
Caspian Tern  4
Black Tern  8
Mourning Dove  1
Pileated Woodpecker  1
Eastern Wood-Pewee  1
American Crow  2
Purple Martin  X
Tree Swallow  X     many
Bank Swallow  X
Barn Swallow  X     many
American Robin  X
European Starling  X
Cedar Waxwing  1
Yellow Warbler  1
Savannah Sparrow  2
Song Sparrow  2
Swamp Sparrow  1
Red-winged Blackbird  X
House Finch  1
American Goldfinch  2

This report was generated automatically by eBird v2

Montezuma NWR--Puddler Marsh, Seneca, US-NY
Jul 7, 2011 8:30 PM - 8:35 PM
Protocol: Stationary
Comments:     At dusk; too dark to really see what shorebirds were there
8 species

Canada Goose  X
Mallard  X
Great Blue Heron  30     estimate
Killdeer  X
Spotted Sandpiper  X
Greater Yellowlegs  3     at least
Lesser Yellowlegs  10
Ring-billed Gull  5

This report was generated automatically by eBird

Montezuma NWR--Auto Loop, Seneca, US-NY
Jul 7, 2011 6:15 PM - 6:35 PM
Protocol: Traveling
0.25 mile(s)
Comments:     Shorebird spot only
2 species

Killdeer  2
Lesser Yellowlegs  2

This report was generated automatically by eBird v