I'm a bit behind on my eBird entries.  Highlight was the first conspicuous
evidence of fall passerine migration, with many Bobolinks and a few Kingbirds
along the Wildlife Dr.  An immature Peregrine Falcon was perched near the
Seneca Spillway - presumably the same bird first seen by Joe and Diana Whiting
at Mays Point on Tuesday evening.

Mays, Puddler, and Knox-Marsellus had fog late in the day.

Visitor's Center: not many shorebirds but changes constantly
Mays Point: plenty of shorebirds on the vegetation to the left and a few
straight out; some dowitchers noted; plenty of peeps but viewing poor
Puddler: viewing poor; lots of Caspian Terns and more dowitchers noted, but
still very flooded and not a lot of shorebirds
K-M: viewing poor, 1 or 2 Great Egrets

For the last week or more, Great Egret numbers have been around 40-50 at Mays
Pt plus a few at Benning Marsh and a few at K-M.  Since
Thursday evening's fog made viewing difficult, I may try a more complete look
tonight at Mays.

Dave Wheeler
Oswego County NY