Other shorebirds today at Mays Point Pool included a Baird's Sandpiper, at
least 6 White-dumped Sandpipers, and lots of Least & Semipalmated Sandpipers
and Lesser Yellowlegs, plus a few Killdeer and Greater Yellowlegs, two
Dowitcher, sp., and a Ruddy Turnstone. I also saw what I suspect was the
juvenile Bonaparte's Gull in the distance, swimming and pecking at the water as
a phalarope does. The shorebird habitat is now very good at Mays.
Bob, Ann, & I also found lots of shorebirds but less variety at Puddler's: 8
juvenile Short-billed Dowitchers, and lots of Semipalmated Plovers,
Semipalmated Sandpipers and Least Sandpipers.
Larue's has some water water around the edges, but we saw few shorebirds there
or at the (former) Shorebird Flats along the Wildlife Drive.
Visitor Center had both Yellowlegs, and a few Least and Semipalmated Sandpipers.

--Dave Nutter
Ithaca, NY