Yes, and the annual occurrence of "autumnal recrudescence":

"The Autumnal Recrudescence of the Amatory Urge"

When the birds are cacaphonic in the trees and on the verge
Of the fields in mid-October when the cold is like a scourge.
It is not delight in winter that makes feathered voices surge,
But autumnal recrudescence of the amatory urge.

When the frost is on the punkin' and when leaf and branch diverge,
Birds with hormones reawakened sing a paean, not a dirge.
What's the reason for their warbling? Why on earth this late-year
      splurge?
The autumnal recrudescence of the amatory urge.

Written by Susan Stiles, copyright December 1973

A posting about this usually occurs annually as well. :)
Lisa