Yes, the Yellow-bellied Sapsucker at my feeders was female, immature, and
with the brownish feathers.  I live within 5 miles of St. Anthony's cemetery
(actually less, as the Sapsucker flies), so it could very well be the same
bird that you saw.

Someone who lives near upper Treman Park contacted me off-list to say that
she has had a Yellow-bellied Sapsucker at her feeder all winter.
Marla

On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 6:44 PM, Kenneth Victor Rosenberg
<k...@cornell.edu>wrote:

> Marla,
>
> On the Cortland Christmas Bird Count on December 18, we found a
> Yellow-bellied Sapsucker in the St. Anthony's cemetery on the hill above
> town of Groton. It was an immature bird that was still fairly brownish and
> had a white throat (female). I'm wondering if you are near there and if this
> could be the same bird?
>
> KEN
>

> Ken Rosenberg
> Director of Conservation Science
> Cornell Lab of Ornithology
> 607-254-2412
> 607-342-4594 (cell)
> k...@cornell.edu
>
> On Jan 30, 2011, at 8:39 AM, Marla Coppolino wrote:
>
> > Yesterday and this morning there is a juvenile YELLOW-BELLIED SAPSUCKER
> at my suet feeder.  I typically get all the regular woodpeckers at my
> feeders, but this is the first time to have a Yellow-bellied Sapsucker here
> in January.
> >
> > Marla Coppolino
> > Groton, NY

Marla L. Coppolino