Hi all,
This morning Myers Point had eight times the birders but about a tenth the
birds as yesterday. Before I arrived Bob McGuire had the Red-throated Loon
on the lake to the south of the spit, but we didn't relocated it after the
fog rolled in. He also had a flock of Brant, but no more moved by while I
was there, only several large flocks of cormorants. We did have two
WHITE-WINGED SCOTERS flying north, a flyby DUNLIN, also heading north, a
BONAPARTE'S GULL heading up the lake, six HORNED GREBES north of the point,
and lots of COMMON LOONS moving south fairly high.  We also had several
flocks of SCAUP flying south (notably, I saw no Aythya amongst the waterfowl
yesterday), and a pair of RING-NECKED DUCKS circled the point.

I checked Salt Point briefly afterwards, and although I did not find Ken's
Baltimore Oriole (apparently seen again yesterday), I did see a bright and
late TENNESSEE WARBLER along the main road there.

A quick scan from Sapsucker Woods just now produced a ROUGH-LEGGED HAWK
heading south over the airport but little else in the sky.

--
Jay McGowan
Macaulay Library