I went out fairly late today, so didn't see a lot. I saw snow geese near my house on Chestnut Ridge Rd. in Sennett. Went by the Mud Lock eagle's nest but no one was home. Drove through Montezuma, but nothing much different- C geese and swans.. At Benning, there was a Great Blue Heron. Went to the Mucklands on rt. 31 and saw both Canada and Snow geese. On rt. 89 near the Winery there was a beautiful, male harrier. Headed to the Outlets next. Only spotted one Red-tail hawk and a kestrel on rt. 318.

At the outlet mall, Snowy was perched on a ball on the red tower by the food court. It was attracting a lot of attention with the shoppers. It flew down to the dry creek bed in that area, but didn't catch anything. Next it flew to a light pole in the incut by Samsonite. It didn't stay long. Then it went to pole 6 by Old Navy (still attracting attention). By then it was 3:30 and getting quite dark so I packed up to leave. It flew again before I left. I spotted it back on the first red tower when I was leaving. In the hour or so that I watched it, it did not catch anything. I got a full body shot of it today which I put on my website. http://www.pbase.com/carol_keeler_photo/image/140652465 if you are interested.

Carol Keeler
Auburn