To elaborate more on the grebe's position: Tim and I were looking from the
Swan Pen at Stewart Park when I spotted the grebe this morning. From
Stewart Park, if you look to the northeast along the east shore, you'll see
a squat, yellow shed near a break in the trees where the road is visible.
The grebe was swimming around there looking back and forth. For the last
five minutes we were there, the grebe was swimming alongside a Red-throated
Loon for a great comparison.

Also present was a gorgeous adult male CANVASBACK, in the canal next to the
boathouse. I've never seen one so close.

-Brad