Quiet at Dryden Lake this afternoon: some scaup, Canada geese, great blue
heron. Sudden loud vocalizing of an osprey as it carried a large fish with 3
crows in pursuit. Following it with my binoculars, I noted another osprey
directly across the lake - which the crows headed towards as their newest focus.

BTW enroute to Dryden on 13N just past NYSEG I noticed 2 black birds out of the
corner of my eye. A raven was being chased and dived at by a crow - to the
point of the raven diving straight down in front of oncoming traffic. At the
last moment it veered sideways and tumbled into the grass on the edge of the
roadway (it was okay...).

Colleen Richards