Around 5:00 today I saw a very cooperative HERMIT THRUSH along the East Hill Rec. Way. It was on the section between Mitchell St. and Honness Lane about 100' south of the signs which mark the start of the north end of the restricted part of the rec way. It was foraging in the leaf litter just a few feet off the asphalt. I noticed one peculiarity about the bird. Its tail kept quivering slightly, almost like it was shivering.

Also, saw my first of the year female REDWING. It was in the very small, secluded cattail marsh southeast from the intersection of the rec way and the trail that leads to the rugby fields and the polo barns. Because of the excessively dry conditions, I was able to walk near to the marsh edge.

Larry

--

W. Larry Hymes