As soon as we arrived behind the airport most of my SFO group had an excellent close look at an AMERICAN WOODCOCK on the ground calling before we saw it fly off low toward another spot farther away for complete displays in which we heard the bird calling from the ground, wings whistling during ascent, and vocal chirping during descent. A few of the sharper-eyed among us also saw it momentarily in flight either at the start or end of a skydance.

My group saw the flyover of a GREAT HORNED OWL near the Game Farm Road end of the East Hill Recreationway. For several days the species has been spontaneously vocalizing during broad daylight with playback neither necessary nor recommended.