On Friday we stopped by the Mud Lock Eagles nest and could not see any
head on the nest or an Eagle in any nearby trees.  Hopefully it was just
sitting very low in the nest. Has anyone had better luck or have they
failed?  We also have not seen any adults near the nest north of the Rtes 89
and 31 junctions.  Our Montezuma observations Friday were about the same as
everyone has reported except for a total of 7 Rough-legged Hawks (4 over
Main Pool and May's Point and 3 in the Morgan/Carncross Road area).  There
were a total of 15 Bald Eagles on the ice at Tschache Pool alone.

     While I'm typing I might as well mention that there has been a male
Barrow's Goldeneye( previously reported by others on Genesee Birds) at Deep
Run Park on the east side of Canandaigua Lake which was still there today.
It was not easy to see as it was diving regularly and among a large raft of
commoner ducks but once located it gave great views.  A lifer for 3 other
birders there with us.  Mike and Joann Tetlow