Yesterday morning, I had a very good look at what I was pretty sure was a
Golden-Crowned Kinglet.  It seemed early, though, so I started second-guessing
myself.  This morning, I was putting it up to one of those mystery birds that
never get identified.

With a little bit of research help from my dad, Bob Anderson (Hi dad!), I did
find that for the past few years, there have been Kinglets reported on January
1.  This Kinglet was very cooperative, flitting around a shrub on Hurd Rd., at
eye height for a good thirty seconds or so.  I was able to see the yellow on
the top of the head before it flew off.  I guess I'd better stop
second-guessing myself!

Karen