From: bounce-18460423-12723...@list.cornell.edu
[mailto:bounce-18460423-12723...@list.cornell.edu] On Behalf Of Glen
Sent: Friday, April 15, 2011 9:03 PM
To: CAYUGABIRDS-L
Subject: [cayugabirds-l] Stranded Common Loon

My sister-in-law lives on Flat Iron Road across from the Goetchius Preserve.
She noticed that a Common Loon must have gotten sucked through a culvert from
the large pond on the other side of the road and is now stuck in a small stream
with only around 100 ft running upsteam in which to take off.  I know Loons
need a large body of water for take off.  Is there anyone who would know what
to do in this situation?

Thanks for any advice or assistance,
Glen