I birded behind the Ithaca airport again this morning, both before and during
the steady light rain. Pretty different mix of warblers than nearby Sapsucker
Woods, especially as I neither saw nor heard any Blackpoll Warblers, whereas
TENNESSEE WARBLERS were vocal and moving in many spots -- most were giving
partial songs. RED-EYED VIREOS were also numerous, and I saw BLACKBURNIAN,
MAGNOLIA, BLACK-THROATED GREEN, NASHVILLE, many newly arrived CHESTNUT-SIDEDS,
and a few YELLOW-RUMPS. Other highlights included 2 singing WILLOW FLYCATCHERS
and 1 ALDER FLYCATCHER, a lingering RING-NECKED DUCK, and a nice group of
shorebirds on the back pond on Neimi Rd -- 2 SEMIPALMATED PLOVERS, 15 LEAST and
1 SEMIPALMATED SANDPIPER, SOLITARY SANDPIPER, SPOTTED, and KILLDEER.

Last night, I heard my first SWAINSON'S THRUSH flight calls (2), 2 VEERYS, and
a SOLITARY SANDPIPER over my house.

KEN

Ken Rosenberg
Director of Conservation Science