Hi,

     Prothonotaries were observed & photographed carrying food to
peeping nestlings at a nest site in a cavity in a dead tree that arced
over the Canal, just south of this same bridge, in the early 1990's.*
They continued to nest there for two or three years, until the tree fell
into the water one winter.  If they continued after that, I am not aware
of anyone locating the nesting site.  Given that much of the land north
of Armitage at this point is not real accessible (and not public land),
perhaps they nested at last some other years since then, undetected by
birders?  Seems like over the years there have continued to be
occasional reports of Prothonotaries in the general area.

                        Alicia

* Fred - didn't you photograph these birds???