Hi,

We visited Montezuma today, and stopped at Towpath Rd, May's Point
and the Visitors' center, where we saw many of the same birds
reported earlier today by Dave Nutter.  We also picked up a  KILLDEER
at Knox Marcellus and two GREATER YELLOWLEGS at Mays Point.  We are
grateful to Ann Mitchell for taking the time to get us onto the
Greater White-fronted Goose which we would have missed otherwise.

At one time, 9 SANDHILL CRANES were standing plain sight on the
Towpath Rd. dike.  The interesting thing was that they all had red
crowns, but one was very rusty throughout the body, while the others
were mostly gray.  We couldn't decide if this was a LESSER subspecies
adult, or a juvenile with a red crown.

On the way home, we stopped on Wright Road where there were six RUSTY
BLACKBIRDS in the woods, and then on to the end of Van Dyne Spoor Rd.

On Van Dyne Spoor,  Rose the finder of all things shrike located an
adult NORTHERN SHRIKE perched on a road sign in the marsh area.  It
then moved to the tops of several power poles as we drove down the
road.  There were also 4 PIED-BILLED GREBES and some AMERICAN COOTS
in the pond at the end of the road.

Good birding,

Ken & Rose Burdick
Skaneateles, NY