Joann and I didn't have any luck with the Snowy Owl at the Waterloo
Prem. Outlet late this morning.  We drove and scanned around the inside, the
outside service road and from the elevated thruway overpass on the road on
the west side.  We did not check the north/south roads.

    From the main pool overlook at Montezuma we counted 800 sleeping Tundra
Swans. There were actually probably 20-30 more hidden behind each other.  1
Cackling Goose was among the 2000 Canada Geese, Mallards and Black Ducks. 1
adult Bald Eagle was out near the main pool nest tree now missing its nest.
3 Immature eagles sparred at the north end of the main pool. (The drive is
closed).  The pair of Eagles at the Route 89 Route 31 junction at the muck
lands were both on the nest working.  The muck lands were mostly frozen with
1 Canada goose. The only Snow Goose we saw was in the canal at May's point.

    1 Rough-legged Hawk and 1 No.Harrier flew over the Van Dyne Spoor Road
marshes.    Mike Tetlow