  From: Suan Yong
  To: CAYUGABIRDS-L
  Sent: Saturday, January 28, 2012 3:20 PM
  Subject: [cayugabirds-l] Sweazey screechless, but...

  Checked out the hole at Sweazey Road at 2pm, no screech owl, but when I first
approached I thought I saw the corner of some being peek out the hole then
disappear back into the depths. I waited around for a few minutes but it did
not reemerge. So, to the question of where else the owl may be spending its
days, may be just the basement.

  Salt point hosted an aythya raft, about 50/50 redheads and ringnecks,
accompanied by a handful of gadwalls (and mallards and Canada geese).

  Morning walk around Sapsucker woods saw a song sparrow.

  Suan