Hi all,

        I decided to spend time on Mt. Pleasant today looking for migrants. Ann
joined me at 8AM, on the tower hill, to start what turned into an alternation
between the radio tower and the observatory. The early morning from 8-9:30 was
filled with migrating CANADA GEESE (>2000) and RED-WINGED BLACKBIRDS (>900),
FOY for us EASTERN MEADOWLARK and KILLDEER, one RAVEN and two RED-TAILED HAWKS.
        The wind was surprisingly brutal , worse than the weather report led me
to believe. After warming up at CTB we went to the observatory. The mix of
birds started to change, around 10:30, with fewer Canadas , RWBBs and more
raptors like TURKEY VULTURES and RED-TAILS. 12 A. PIPITS dropped into the field
and SNOW GEESE started making an appearance with several flocks totaling ~1500,
and another KILLDEER. I missed Steve's GOSHAWK from our location unfortunately.
        Ann had gone home when I went back to the radio hill for more flyover
flocks of Snow Geese and one adult GOLDEN EAGLE. The GE came into view far in
the SW. I followed it for ten minutes as it worked its way NNE toward Cortland
then back E and out of sight. The wind had become too strong for fun so I
called it a day.
        Many many more Canada / Snow Geese were moving all day, but too distant
to count or ID without severe eyestrain.

Gary