Sunday I woke to the sound of crows mobbing a pair of Red-tailed Hawks on our
property. They kept it up for a while, but the hawks didn't want to leave the
creek area, rather just kept flying up and down the creek. A Blue Jay joined in
the calling, but didn't actively pursue the crows. The Blue Jay then visited
our feeders for the first time all winter (since Nov.).

We also had close looks at a Pileated Woodpecker pair, with Hairies, Downies,
and Red-bellieds on the same tree, and a pair of Carolina Wrens have started
building a nest near our garage. Robins abounded, cardinals and juncos were
singing, and the goldfinches were everywhere. On Saturday, I saw American
Pipit, A. Crows, mallards, and the usual gulls down at Salt Point.

Spring is almost here!
Robyn Bailey
Lansing