Subject: Has birding ethics changed?
From: John and Sue Gregoire<k...@empacc.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2012 09:36:19 -0400

Perhaps I misunderstand the CayugaBirds posts of late but in the last couple of
years I have seen many references to birders using electronic calls to enhance
their
personal or group birding experience.

It used to be a condemned practice and very strictly limited to research, and
then
light usage only, as well as a part of the ABA Birding Code of Ethics. I thought
that perhaps these posts were new birders who hadn't been taught the ethical
code
but now I see the use of calls somewhat codified by its use in SFO trips.

While the proliferation of electronic devices may make this easier, I don't see
the
need or the justification.

Comments appreciated.
John