I made two circles of the Swan Pen this morning looking for warblers but didn't
find any.  I did see two SPOTTED SANDPIPERS along the shore.  Later from the
eastern park shore I saw a RED-THROATED LOON and two HORNED GREBES.  There was
also a flock of 9 Scaup I took to be Greater (smooth low head-profiles).  If
anyone else who sees them thinks they are Lesser please let me know.

Later around home I heard a LOUISIANA WATERTHRUSH singing in a small gorge that
feeds 6-mile Creek just below 30' dam.  The spot is about a 1 minute scramble
from where the lower leg of the rail-trail (the old railroad 'spur' which
starts at Hillview)  bends up to east below the playground by Iacovelli Park.
There's a gate you can go through into the woods and then if you start to walk
left and clockwise around the hill in front of you you can work your way down
to the gorge edge   Like Dave Nutter I put in some time trying to find the
singing bird but eventually gave up.  I was about 30' feet about the gorge at
that point and he was above me.  I've heard La. Waterthrushes here in past
years and also heard them from the Mulholland side of 6-mile where this this
gorge meets the main stream.

Best...Stuart.