My feeder was more popular than usual this morning, with handsome
chipping sparrows milling about photogenically against the white
backdrop. A songlike sparrow sat for a while looking almost
lincoln-ish, but flushed before I could get my camera or otherwise
convince myself that it wasn't just a song.

En route to work via six-mile creek, the only singers to be heard were
two louisiana waterthrushes on opposite sides of the creek, either
heedless of the strange weather, or driven to sing by the competition.
(The first singer was the traditional strong one of the area, the
second was a weaker and shorter variant.)

Suan