Unlike many places around Montezuma NWR, there is no sign there to ban unauthorized access.
--Dave Nutter

On Apr 27, 2012, at 06:03 AM, Jane Graves <jgra...@skidmore.edu> wrote:

Ann and cayugabirders -

The "first drive" as you go on to Towpath Road is closed unless you have a permit which Linda Ziemba is very glad to give you if you are willing to volunteer to survey birds for her!.  Otherwise, it's a no-no.

Jane

From: bounce-51787038-3493...@list.cornell.edu [bounce-51787038-3493...@list.cornell.edu] on behalf of Ann Mitchell [annmitchel...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2012 5:37 PM
To: cayugabirds-l
Subject: [cayugabirds-l] Birding Montezuma today

I went up the lake with Stephanie Greenwood. Highlights were:
Union Spring Frontenac Park - 2 CASPIAN TERNS, 1 BONAPARTE'S GULL.
Montezuma Visitor's Center - Many GREEN-WINGED and BLUE-WINGED TEAL, NORTHERN SHOVELERS, GREATER and LESSER YELLOWLEGS, PURPLE MARTINS.
Larues - 2 WILSON'S SNIPE, PECTORAL SANDPIPERS, both YELLOWLEGS, a singing WARBLING VIREO.
Bennings Marsh - 76 DUNLIN and both YELLOWLEGS.
Muckrace Flats - pretty wet from the snow, but along with GREATER and LESSER YELLOWLEGS was a SOLITARY SANDPIPER.
Martin's Tract - AMERICAN WIGEON, AMERICAN COOTS . We also heard a MARSH WREN.
Towpath Road - at the first drive as you go in yielded 4 BLACK-CROWNED NIGHT-HERONS. We didn't walk the whole dike because we didn't want to disturb the herons we saw so there very well could have been more.
The Farm Days Field (Sorry, I never remember the name) - We saw 2 UPLAND SANDPIPERS. One was displaying. SAVANNAH and SONG SPARROWS were also seen.
Good Birding,
Ann