Just to clarify, the Orange-crowned Warbler in the Hawthorns this morning
was singing softly, which is what first alerted me to its presence, at the
edge of the Hawthorns at the corner of the ravine and the dirt track that
comes up from the pond near the Recreation Way off Mitchell Street (so, the
northwest corner of the Hawthorns.) Highlights were similar to Evan's, with
14 warbler species, including Nashville, Orange-crowned, Blue-winged,
Northern Waterthrush, Black-and-white, Norther Parula, Common Yellowthroat,
Blackburnian, Black-throated Blue, Chestnut-sided, Yellow, American
Redstart, Palm Warbler (10+!), and of course dozens and dozens of
Yellow-rumped. Least Flycatcher, Hermit Thrush, Eastern Towhee, Baltimore
Oriole, and Blue-headed Vireo were also around.

-Jay

--
Jay McGowan
Macaulay Library