Today, I birded at the Hawthorn Orchard from about 8:45am to 11:15am. It was a
really nice day there! This was my first visit with migration in full swing. I
was out of town Tuesday through very early this morning, so missed the big
fallout over the prior days.

Here's a run-down of what I observed:

1 Red-shouldered Hawk (migrant, low overhead)
1 Northern Flicker
1 Pileated Woodpecker (audible, chopping away on a tree to the West of the East
Ithaca Recreation Way)

6-8 Least Flycatchers
1 Great Crested Flycatcher
3 Blue-headed Vireos
3 Warbling Vireos
3 Red-eyed Vireos
(I missed the Yellow-throated Vireo seen by others)
5-6 House Wrens
2-3 Ruby-crowned Kinglets
6-8+ Gray Catbirds
1 Brown Thrasher
(1 Northern Mockingbird at the East Hill Plaza)
10-12 Cedar Waxwings

1 Blue-winged Warbler
3 TENNESSEE WARBLERS (two singing near NE corner, one drab plumaged bird near
SE portion)
(I missed an Orange-crowned Warbler seen near the NE entrance)
20+ (20-25?) NASHVILLE WARBLERS (everywhere)
6+ NORTHERN PARULAS
8-10 Yellow Warblers
2-3 Chestnut-sided Warblers
8-10+ Magnolia Warblers
1-2 Black-throated Blue Warblers
20-25+ YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLERS
8-10 BLACK-THROATED GREEN WARBLERS
8-10 BLACKBURNIAN WARBLERS
(I missed the Prairie Warbler)
3-4+ Black-and-white Warblers
1-2 American Redstarts
1 Ovenbird (at NE corner)
2-3 Common Yellowthroats
1 CANADA WARBLER (singing in North ravine, North of the NE corner)

1-2 Scarlet Tanagers
1 Eastern Towhee
4-6+ Song Sparrows
6-8 White-throated Sparrows
4-6 Northern Cardinals
1 Rose-breasted Grosbeak
1 Eastern Meadowlark (distantly heard singing to SW)
(1 banded female Brown-headed Cowbird)
8-10 Baltimore Orioles

Regrettably, I wasn't very focused this morning and know I ignored or blocked
out several local birds, seen or heard, from my memory.

Good birding!

Sincerely,
Chris T-H

--
Christopher T. Tessaglia-Hymes
TARU Product Line Manager and Field Applications Engineer