first WARBLERS of the season spotted (admittedly, a bit late to the game on my part) April 29th: yellow-rumps in Six Mile Gorge.

this morning, May 4th, WARBLER HEAVEN in the Hawthorn Orchards on East Hill (roughly 10 am - 12:30 pm), with an amazing fallout from yesterday's thunderstorms (similar to the fallout from a prior storm two days before, that I missed). the hawthorns literally dripping with warbler poop . . .

Bay-breasted (highly probable), Chestnut-sided, Yellow, Ovenbird (heard), Black-and-white, Tennessee, Yellow-rumped, American Redstart, Common Yellowthroat, Northern Parula, Magnolia, Blackburnian, Black- throated blue (heard), Black-throated green.

It was a treat to have so many different species of warblers hanging out in proximity to one another, so you could really observe and compare them.

Plus Scarlet Tanager, Indigo Bunting, Rose-breasted Grosbeak, and Baltimore Oriole, amongst others (35 species in 2 hours).

Jonathan Skinner